Monday, April 21, 2008

"Makes Me Smile" Monday

I was smiling all day long today . . . .
because I had the day off !!!!

It was a treat to sleep in, enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the porch, do a little shopping, and fit in a little project or two !! One such ongoing project is finding some artwork for certain naked walls in our house. I can never find what I like, and when I do, it's way too expensive. So I decided to make use of what I already have. I love botanical prints, and have had this book for years, just sitting around unopened and unappreciated:


With some ripping out and cropping of illustrations,
and inexpensive frames from Michaels':




. . . we have lovely new prints for my walls !!





These two are now filling up a formerly-naked
wall in our upstairs hallway:



What a great day . . . . beautiful weather, no work, and a
cheap, fun project !! Happy Monday !!


No comments: