Monday, December 10, 2007

"Makes Me Smile" Monday

Maybe today should be called "Makes Me Beam" Monday . . . or "Makes Me Choke Back Tears" Monday !?!?!?!!! Either way, I'm smiling because of a performance last night by Rochester's own Teagan Ward: my amazing husband was the drummer !!!

(wish I could've gotten a better picture . . . it was so dark in there !)


It's been about ten years or so since I've seen Jack play live, in a band . . . not since the GCC days, with their jazz band "Shades of Swing". He rarely lets me hear him practicing here at home, which makes performances that much more exciting. And this was such a different style of music than I'm used to seeing him play . . . no jazz here, but a mix of country, rock, and blues !!! So much fun !!

I just couldn't have been prouder of him or happier for him . . . I spent almost the entire first song trying not to ball like a small child !!! Just to see him in the midst of what he's passionate about and so talented at, having so much fun and sounding so awesome . . . it was a gift !!! Hopefully more gigs are ahead . . . !

Happy Monday !! Here's hoping you're beaming at your special someone, too !!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Yay! I was wondering if he got the gig (as they say) with Teagan. :) I hope there are a lot more great concerts in his/your future!