Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lazy Fall Sunday

A wonderful, lazy Sunday today . . . and well-deserved ! Both Jack & I had to work yesterday ( a 5 1/2 day week for me . . . and another one this week !), so today has been completely lazy . . . sleeping late, hanging out in our jammies, watching movies and catching up on last week's TV shows, eating yummy Fall comfort food . . . perfect.

A beautiful autumn day outside, with bright blue skies to show off the foliage . . .
. . . and just a few "moody" clouds (that's how I refer to them in my mind !) hanging over the neighborhood . . .


And with the arrival of October, I've been on a mission to actually make a lot of the Fall recipes that I've had dog-eared for years and haven't yet tried . . . roasted butternut squash & pear soup (yum !), a new recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins . . . and the list goes on. Today it was homemade pumpkin spice waffles (threw a few mini chocolate chips in, too !) for brunch . . .

. . . . and cider marinated short ribs (lovely marinade above). Just can't get enough of the season's flavors !!!!
So thankful for a beautiful, lazy, comfort food-filled Sunday !!


No comments: