Monday, August 27, 2007

"Makes Me Smile" Monday

Whole grains and fruit are making me smile today . . . yes, that's right: whole grains and fruit !!! For the past 2 weeks, I've been in Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet . . . that's the one where you eat only lean protein, low-fat dairy, and veggies for 2 whole weeks . . . NO CARBS OR SUGAR !!! So this is what I spent a bit of time doing during Phase 1:

Yes, I'm inhaling the wonderful scent of wheat bread . . . it never smelled so good !!! Now that I'm onto Phase 2, I can actually EAT a serving of it, as well as a serving of fruit ! Oh, sweet strawberries, I'm back !! Never did I think I'd be so excited by whole wheat and fruit !!!

I'm not a fad diet type of person at all . . . this is actually the first time I've tried such a plan. But I felt like I needed to do something, anything, to get me out of my stress-eating phase . . . lots of work stress + emotional feeding frenzies = tight clothes and more stress !! So I decided to give the South Beach plan a try . . . and I've been really happy with the results. I've lost about 6 pounds so far . . . nothing earth-shattering, but enough to have things fitting better and people noticing a difference. Most importantly, I FEEL a lot better . . . healthier, more energetic, and in control of my eating, instead of being a slave to my chocolate cravings ! So hopefully in the next few months, I can lose a bit more and get into a bit better shape . . . especially with the motivation of our upcoming cruise . . . happy in a bathing suit, that's my goal !!!

Here's to healthier habits . . . and whole wheat bread !!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm about 6 days behind you. I can't wait to stick my nose in a bag of bread.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Susan . . . hang in there ! It's worth the wait !

Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

yay for you! i'm glad you're feeling more in control and healthier. but you know i always think you look fabulous!