Monday, August 6, 2007

"Makes Me Smile" Monday

Farm fresh fruits and veggies are making me smile today !

Maybe it's the urge to cook and bake and nest to calm my brain . . . or this book that I've been reading . . . or the beautiful colors of the produce . . . but I had to get some !!! Unfortunately, my veggie garden has produced nothing but lettuce (it's a start !), so I had to wander next door to our neighbor's little farmstand and do some shopping . . .
Beautiful tomatoes, green peppers, and cukes for gazpacho !!

And lovely blueberries for muffins, of course !!!!
Hopefully a happy, healthy start to the week !!!



3 comments:

Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Okay, your neighbor has a farm stand? That's so cool. Oh, and how's that book? I've been meaning to read it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it is cool . . . love living in the country !! Maybe I should wander next door and get some gardening tips ?!?! The book is good so far . . . I'm halfway thru . . . although it is inspiring and definitely raises the awareness, I know I could never live the way they do . . . Jack would die, and I don't want to be a widow because of fruits and vegetables !

Anonymous said...

I love this time of year--all that richness--and so CHEAP! We've been eating corn almost every single night, and the green & wax beans we had the other night were still fuzzy and warm when I bought them. They were so good, I wanted to cry. So far, we've only gotten some tomatoes and some deformed but still edible cucumbers from our container garden. The eggplant has only just realized that it is in the soil, in full sun, with regular water, and has decided, after two months, to bloom. It doesn't matter though. I was so excited that we used our very OWN tomato on our burgers the other night, I could hardly stand it.

I haven't heard of the book--what's the premise?