Monday, June 9, 2008

"Makes Me Smile" Monday

I'm smiling today because of the wonderful weekend I had. Weekends are always good, of course, but this was a "Melissa Weekend" . . . I was flying solo while Jack was away in Pittsburgh. Though I always miss him, I really enjoy having all that time to myself . . . some much-needed "me" time ! It was sooooooo hot and humid here that I spent a good amount of time camping out on the porch with the boys, reading and relaxing.

I did actually get out of my wicker chair, though !! I took a drive to my favorite farm market . . . .

. . . . and putzed around the house,
cleaning and arranging and decorating . . . .

. . . . I tried out two new recipes
that I've had my eye on . . .

(Big YUM on both !)


. . . . and I added a little color to my
not-yet-blooming garden !!


So nice to look out my kitchen window and see a shot of color !! Hopefully more vibrant blooms are on the way !!!!




Happy Monday !!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want the shrimp recipe...Dad would love it!!! The picture Grandma J painted looks great on the porch!!! Isn't it fun to use all the goodies we have??
Me