Monday, June 10, 2013

Blown Away



In a good way !


Few things blow me away these days, but this actually did it . . .  


I was doing some shopping for the office right before lunch today, looking at items on the shelves of my aisle, when a lady - probably in her mid-forties - came up to me.  She said, "I don't know if you remember me . . . " -- I apologized & admitted that I didn't -- " . . . but I remember you."  She'd remembered me from a women's retreat I had attended with a local church about 8 or 9 years ago . . . she said she specifically remembered that I was going through an infertility journey, and that she had also gone on such a journey, for 6 1/2 years.  Then she completely stunned me by telling me that she'd been praying for me for all these years.  She knew how difficult that journey is, and had been praying for me this whole time.  She said she'd seen me in passing over the years & had always wanted to know how things had turned out for us . . . I shared our outcome with her, how God had brought us peace and contentment in being "just us".  "That's what it's all about . . . peace in God's plan," she said.


I can only imagine what my face must have looked like . . . totally stunned !!  Hand on my heart, I thanked her over & over again . . . I told her I was almost about to cry in the middle of the store !!  And I thanked her some more.







Then I went out to my car & thanked God . . . for His amazing provision . . . for the prayers of a stranger that had walked the same path . . . for waking me up to His awesomeness . . . for reminding me that there ARE good people out there . . . for making me want to pay it forward . . . for giving me a cool story to go back & share with my co-worker ( and to share with the blogosphere !) !!


There's a little background info that makes this story even cooler . . . 
but that's for an upcoming post !  Stay tuned !

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing such an intimate moment. It brought tears to my eyes. There really are some beautiful & kind people out there. I'm so glad when God allows us to see some of what He has done behind the scenes!