Monday, February 8, 2010

"Makes Me Smile" Monday

Large decaf latte with hazelnut and skim milk.

That's my standard Starbucks order. Once in a great while I'll be adventurous and get a gingerbread or pumpkin spice latte, or maybe even a mocha. But the hazelnut is my all-time favorite . . . my usual.

I treat myself to one of these yummies every Saturday morning that I have to work . . . I figure if I'm up at that terrible hour, on a weekend, I might as well reward myself in some small way !


Then there are those days -- you know, the grey, cold, gloomy ones -- that just leave me craving my latte (and usually something chocolate to go with it !) !! These are "latte days".

So when I recently cast a new sweater on the needles . . . in a bulky, soft yarn . . . in a color called "cafe" . . . . I had no trouble at all coming up with a name for this project . . . .



. . . my "latte day" cardigan !!!

I can't wait to get this one done (and wear it !) !! I originally finished it a week ago, but didn't like the way it turned out . . . so I ripped it all apart and started over ! And things are looking and fitting much better this time . . . . hopefully it'll be done by next week ! Just in time for another latte day !!!

Happy Monday !

No comments: