Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Favorite Drive

One of my favorite things to do with my summer Saturday morning is head to one of our local farmers markets. Not only is it a destination in itself (in my book !), but the drive to get there is a main reason I go at all !! There's nothing like a sunny Saturday morning, with the windows of my car down, breeze blowing and good tunes playing, on my way to buy fresh, yummy things!

I just head to the end of our road, meet the lake, and hang a right . .


. . . drive farther out in the country a bit . . .
farmland on one side, the lake on the other . . .


. . . to get to my favorite farm market !!


The best part, though, is going through Pultneyville on the way there and back:


It's my favorite little lake village . . .
reminds me a little of my time in Massachusetts . . .
















And at the end of a hard morning
(buying produce and taking pictures !!),
I found this little lakeside bench and took a break !!


Perfect !!

2 comments:

heidiannie said...

Did you stop and get out of your car to take those lovely pictures- Or were they from the car as you drove by? I love the tour- ovely houses and lake!

melissa said...

Some were taken from the car, but most were from a little walk I took along the main road . . . it just happened to be the town's homecoming weekend, so a lot of other people were walking around and taking pictures, too (didn't feel quite so odd in the midst with my camera !!!)