Monday, March 10, 2008

"Makes Me Smile" Monday

I can't pick just one thing that's making me smile today . . . the whole day made me smile, for so many reasons !

I took a much-needed half-day off of work today . . . all of these 6-day work weeks do take their toll !! So I took the morning off, and had the chance to relax and putz and just BE in my house. I slept in, played with the boys, did some laundry and dishes, read magazines while I ate a leisurely breakfast, and baked some of these yummies:

(peanut butter sandwich cookie recipe from the
March issue of Cottage Living)
Then I went in to work for the afternoon . . . only to get another break when my parents - who are celebrating their 35th anniversary today ! - came by for a quick visit and coffee !!! Now that's the kind of work day I can handle . . . a 4-hour work day !!!
And now that we've "sprung ahead" with daylight savings and all, coming home while the sun is still shining is a huge bonus . . . such a mood-lifter !!!
Kind of a random post today . . . but so many things to smile about !!
Happy Monday !!!

1 comment:

Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

As soon as I saw the photo of that cookie, I thought: That looks like the peanut butter cookies from Cottage Living that I want to make! And sure enough, it is! Yum.