Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Memory Lane & A Sweater Name

Maybe it was from browsing through New England Knits . . .
or visiting our old stomping grounds north of Boston
(got a lot of knitting done during the ride !) . . .
or just some general reminiscing . . .


. . . but I've dubbed this work-in-progress my "Castle Hill" sweater !!!


Jack & I only went to Castle Hill (click on the link . . . it's there, I swear !) once during our 2 years in the area . . . it was for the final concert of our favorite duo. We were disappointed that it was the last time we'd see them, but excited to be able to be there, and in such a beautiful setting . . . they played on the back terrace of the castle, while us fans were spread out on the enormous "lawn" that led down to and overlooked the ocean . . . GORGEOUS !!! I remember we got there pretty early, and were able to catch sound check and a little rehearsal. When one of the guys called out to us, "How's that sound?", we managed to stammer out a few
"Sounds great" 's !!!

What I remember most vividly was the way those New Englanders picnicked !! People brought in coolers upon coolers of food and drink . . . and small area rugs & coffee tables, and candelabras, and fancy wine glasses & place settings & silverware, and gourmet hors d'oeuvres and meals and desserts . . . I had never seen anything like it !!!! And there we sat, in the midst of all this, on our old, ratty blanket, with a bucket of KFC and cans of Coke !!!! The people around us must've wondered what rock we'd crawled out from under . . . what hicks we must have seemed !! Needless to say, I felt a bit out of place (as I did my whole time in Massachusetts !) . . . . but now it just makes me laugh !!! Maybe if I'd had my nifty "Castle Hill" cardigan on then . . . !!!

To good memories and good knitting !!

No comments: