Monday, May 10, 2010

"Makes Me Smile" Monday

"Come, let us have some tea
and continue to talk about happy things"

- Chaim Potok -



During yesterday's freezing & windy weather, I unearthed one of favorite (yet sorely underused!) belongings . . . . my teapot from Israel !!!


That 2-week trip was a priceless experience for me . . . and I can't believe it's been 15 years already !!! I knew it would be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and I wanted to bring home something that would have meaning, and be useful, and truly last. So while my classmates were buying traditional clothing and jewelry and such, I came home with my teapot (and 2 demitasse cups, too !) !!

I don't drink tea as much as I once did . . . tends to stain the teeth, which isn't necessarily a good thing for a dental office manager ! But on a cold, blustery Sunday, it was the perfect thing to warm both body and soul !

Happy Monday !

2 comments:

{amy} said...

I love the teapot! I love hot tea, too. I've definitely noticed that my teeth aren't as white as they were before I started drinking it, though. I'm glad I don't manage a dental office! ;)

heidiannie said...

Love your Israeli teapot!
I try to use my teapots at least 5 times a year- but then I have favorites and they get used on a daily basis.
I enjoy reading about your fulfilling of intentional desires.
I recently took a class in socks. I can't follow a pattern and always wanted to learn how to knit socks.
Which just goes to show you are never too old to work on your "always wanted to's"!